Who we Serve
We serve low-income homeowners who live within Petaluma City limits and who cannot perform the necessary repairs themselves.
The people that we help in our community are typically
- senior citizens
- disabled persons
- low income families with children.
Non-profit organizations serving the community may also apply for repairs to their facilities.
To qualify as low income, clients must be 60% or below median income.
- There is no fee to apply. Homeowners must complete an application form. RTP staff is happy to assist with this process.
- An RTP staff member will make an initial visit to take photos of the work needing to be done.
- The application is then reviewed by our Site Management Committee (SMC), which is made up of skilled trades people and experienced house captains.
- An SMC member will visit the homeowner and make a final determination based on eligibility criteria and the scope of work.
- If work is approved we will have a team at your house during the next possible workday (April or October).
If you are experiencing urgent problems such as no heat, a leaky roof, or other problems that are too crucial to wait until our April or October build days. Our Year Round program allows us to address those issues on a case-by-case basis throughout the year.
All repairs are free for homeowners.